Keeping the Heatons Studio and our customers as safe as possible during the Covid-19 crisis is obviously a priority for us.
We are following the Government’s guidelines and also working to comply with the regulations set out by UK Active, one of the key companies that has worked together with the Government to establish the framework for the reopening of gyms, leisure centres and the fitness industry. Additionally, we have carried out a full risk assessment for both the main studio and the building as a whole.
We always strive to keep the Heatons Studio clean, but there will be additional processes and cleaning measures in place to ensure that it is kept extra clean and germ-free. High frequency touch points (door handles, light switches, window catches etc) will be cleaned in between each class, as will the toilets, and floors will be cleaned at the end of each am, pm or evening session.
Here’s a summary of what to expect.
- There will be a maximum of 12 people (plus an instructor) in your mat class
- There will be a maximum of 6 people (plus an instructor) in your reformer class
- To ensure social distancing, spaces will be marked out on the floor
- You will need to bring your own (pre-cleaned) mat and head cushion to class
- There is currently no hands-on correction by instructors
- Masks are not mandatory but you are welcome to wear one if you’d like to
- Please also adhere to sensible social distancing in reception and the stairwell, particularly if you are arriving at the same time as others
- You should use the installed hand sanitiser machine before entering and on leaving the studio
- Please only use the toilet if absolutely necessary – go before you leave home
- Please arrive at the studio no sooner than 5 minutes before class starts and, if you arrive early, please wait outside the main entrance door or in your car
- Please leave the studio promptly after your class has finished and avoid gathering in reception to chat
- Bring as few possessions as possible with you to class
- Coats and shoes can be left in reception as usual, feel free to bring a bag to put yours in if you’d prefer
- Avoid using your mobile phone whilst at the studio; if you have to use it, you will need to wash or sanitise your hands after each use!
- Please stay out of the kitchen, bring your filled water bottle with you
- Any water bottles left behind after class will need to be disposed of
- Please don’t leave tissues lying around, dispose of them in one of the bins
- We will have hand sanitisers at various points in the studio and reception, but please also bring your bring your own small bottle with you for personal use
- Windows may be open to ensure adequate air flow, so consider bringing a long-sleeved top
In spite of all the above, we still want you to have fun, relax and enjoy your class and time at the studio!
It goes without saying – if you feel at all unwell, please stay home and don’t come to class until you are fully recovered.
Thanks for your help in helping to keep us all safe and well 🙂